When you are applying for a visa for a specific reason and it became unsuccessful, it is quite frustrating on our part. In this article I will discuss to you the reasons behind visa refusal, but first let’s try to look at the basics of visa. What is a visa? Visa came from a Latin origin which refers to the paper that’s been seen. According to the definition that can be found in the Merriam Webster dictionary, visa is defined as a document which is issued by the immigration authorities of a particular territory showing that the person is authorized legally to enter the mentioned territory. Typically, visa is governed by provisions such as validity of dates and period of stay. In addition, visa is an authorization in a form of a stamp endorsed in the applicant’s passport.
Different Types of Visas
• Transit Visa- The validity for transit visa is five days and this kind of visa is issued to applicants who pass through in the country to his next destination.
• Tourist Visa- As what its name suggests, tourist visa is for leisure travel and strictly for no business agenda.
• Student Visa- This kind of visa caters the students who need to stay in a foreign country for educational purposes.
• Diplomatic Visa- This kind of visa is also known as official visa wherein this is issued to the people who hold diplomatic passports.
• Work Visa- As the name suggests, work visa is given to workers who have employment in foreign country.
Basically, visa refusal refers to the unsuccessful application of visa which can be rooted in various reasons.
Here are the typical bases for Visa Refusal
a. It is proven that you have committed fraud in your application
b. You have pending criminal charges
c. Security risk
d. Failure to prove that you have strong ties in your country
e. Do not have the ability to present visible means in sustaining in the host country
f. Do not have legal purpose for the application of the visa
g. Having a bad track record with his or her previous travel experiences in other countries
Other reasons behind visa refusal include having communicable disease and assisting other people in violation the immigration laws of the host country. However, the immigration authorities of the host country always provide written and verbal notice as well as explanation concerning the reason behind the refusal of the visa application.